ROUTINE POWDER XRD MEASUREMENT WITH THE XTALAB SYNERGY-S, SINGLE CRYSTAL DIFFRACTOMETER
Pharmalytical Summit 2021: A Virtual Forum presented by Rigaku is happy to present Pierre Le Maguerès, Ph.D.
Despite being an X-ray diffractometer designed for single crystal crystallography, the XtaLAB Synergy-S is also a great tool for the measurement of powder samples. The following features are of particular interest to the pharmaceutical industry:
- Data collection on tiny amounts of sample.
- Use of Gandolfi strategies for data collection, so data is collected with several orientations of the powder holder in the beam.
- Better statistics on weak data, via the direct photon counting technology used by the Rigaku HyPix detectors.
- Improved peak resolution, thanks to the single-pixel point-spread-function of the HyPix detectors and a computer-controller beam divergence slit.
- Batch screening of up to 96 powder samples without user intervention in between samples, using an in-situ plate screener directly mounted on the goniometer.
In this presentation, explanations will be given about how the above-mentioned features are achieved and some data will be presented.